Awareness with regards to cannabis as a treatment and potential cure for cancer has been rapidly increasing over the past few years. Several studies over the last decade have clearly (without question) demonstrated the anti-tumoral effects of the plant. Cannabinoids (any group of related compounds that include cannabinol and the active constituents of cannabis) activate cannabinoid receptors in the body. The human body itself produces compounds called endocannabinoids and they play a very important role in many processes within the body to help create a healthy environment.
Since radiation and chemotherapy are the only two approved treatments for cancer, it’s important to let people know that other options do exist. There’s nothing wrong with exploring these options and finding out more information about them so people can make the best possible choice for themselves. It’s always important to do your own research.
A number of people have used this treatment to help treat their cancer. The latest article we wrote is a great example (amongst many), where a 9-year-old girl used cannabis to cure her cancer. You can read more about that
Below are some links to articles that have sourced studies and provide more human cases as examples. For more information you can browse through our website:
As more become aware of the healing power that this plant has, the next question to be asked is how is it used? Linked above (second from the top) is an article titled “Teenage Girl Uses Cannabis To Treat Leukaemia & Great Results Were Seen,” you can click on the case study embedded within the article and email the doctors, hopefully they can answer your questions if it is an emergency.
The article highlighted in the second paragraph about the 9-year-old girl who used cannabis to treat her cancer has a link to her website. Click
to go there. It goes through all the steps they took, they titled it “Making Medical Marijuana 101.”
So, you can start there. Another option that seems to be quite popular is Rick Simpson’s Hemp Oil. He is a medical marijuana activist who has been providing people with information about the healing potentials of Hemp Oil medications for quite some time. His inspiration came from his own experience when he cured himself of a metastatic skin cancer in 2003.
Again, I just want to help others further their research on how to do it. You can try contacting the doctors mentioned in the paragraph above, you can take a look at the way 9-year-old Mykyala (also mentioned in above paragraphs) did it and you can check out Rick Simpson’s way. Hopefully this will lead you to what you are looking for. Feel free to also contact me with any questions or concerns.
Here Is Rick Simpson’s Cannabis Oil Recipe:
To make Rick Simpson’s cannabis oil, start with one ounce of dried herb. One ounce will typically produce 3-4 grams of oil, although the amount of oil produced per ounce will vary strain to strain. A pound of dried material will yield about two ounces of high quality oil.
IMPORTANT: These instructions are directly summarized from Rick Simpson’s website. Be VERY careful when boiling solvent off [solvent-free option], the flames are extremely flammable. AVOID smoking, sparks, stove-tops and red hot heating elements. Set up a fan to blow fumes away from the pot, and set up in a well-ventilated area for whole process.
1. Place the completely dry material in a plastic bucket.
2. Dampen the material with the solvent you are using. Many solvents can be used [solvent-free option]. You can use pure naphtha, ether, butane, 99% isopropyl alcohol, or even water. Two gallons of solvent is required to extract the THC from one pound, and 500 ml is enough for an ounce.
3. Crush the plant material using a stick of clean, untreated wood or any other similar device. Although the material will be damp, it will still be relatively easy to crush up because it is so dry.
4. Continue to crush the material with the stick, while adding solvent until the plant material is completely covered and soaked. Remain stirring the mixture for about three minutes. As you do this, the THC is dissolved off the material into the solvent.
5. Pour the solvent oil mixture off the plant material into another bucket. At this point you have stripped the material of about 80% of its THC.
6. Second wash: again add solvent to the mixture and work for another three minutes to extract the remaining THC.
7. Pour this solvent oil mix into the bucket containing the first mix that was previously poured out.
8. Discard the twice washed plant material.
9. Pour the solvent oil mixture through a coffee filter into a clean container.
10. Boil the solvent off: a rice cooker will boil the solvent off nicely, and will hold over a half gallon of solvent mixture. CAUTION: avoid stove-tops, red hot elements, sparks, cigarettes and open flames as the fumes are extremely flammable.
11. Add solvent to rice cooker until it is about ¾ full and turn on HIGH heat. Make sure you are in a well-ventilated area and set up a fan to carry the solvent fumes away. Continue to add mixture to cooker as solvent evaporates until you have added it all to the cooker.
12. As the level in the rice cooker decreases for the last time, add a few drops of water (about 10 drops of water for a pound of dry material). This will help to release the solvent residue, and protect the oil from too much heat.
13. When there is about one inch of solvent-water mixture in the rice cooker, put on your oven mitts and pick the unit up and swirl the contents until the solvent has finished boiling off.
14. When the solvent has been boiled off, turn the cooker to LOW heat. At no point should the oil ever reach over 290˚ F or 140˚ C.
15. Keep your oven mitts on and remove the pot containing the oil from the rice cooker. Gently pour the oil into a stainless steel container
16. Place the stainless steel container in a dehydrator, or put it on a gentle heating device such as a coffee warmer. It may take a few hours but the water and volatile terpenes will be evaporated from the oil. When there is no longer any surface activity on the oil, it is ready for use.
17. Suck the oil up in a plastic syringe, or in any other container you see fit. A syringe will make the oil easy to dispense. When the oil cools completely it will have the consistency of thick grease.
For dosage information, please click
. But remember, consult a physician and do your research before you do anything to make sure you understand how everything functions.
By Arjun Walia from Collective Evolution